Samiflex coupling selection is quick and simple. Follow the guide below to find the proper coupling for your application, or contact us to have a CDWdrives engineer assist you with your selection.
Data required for Coupling Selection:
- Application details (for service factor)
- Horsepower and rpm of the driver
- Shaft details of the driving and driven equipment
- Determine the service factor (SF) from the application and classification lists below
- Calculate the maximum HP/100 rpm rating: HP/100 rpm = (HP x 100 x SF) / rpm
- Select the coupling which has a higher max rating
- Compare the maximum rpm capacity & bore requirements to the catalog limits for the coupling selected.
- Use a minimum Service Factor of 1.25 when driving through a gearbox or using a direct on-line electric motor.
- Consult CDWdrives when using a reciprocating engine with fewer than 4 cylinders.
- Service Factors provided are for reference only. Customer experience may dictate the selection of different service factors.
Driver: Water Turbine (100 HP at 1800 rpm)
Driven Equipment: Screw Compressor
Turbine Bore: 2.38″
Compressor Bore: 2.00″
Distance Between Shaft Ends: 5″
Service Factor for the Water Turbine & Screw Compressor: SF=2
HP/100 rpm = (100 HP x 100 x 2) / 1800
HP/100 rpm = 11.1
Coupling selection based on max rating: A4B
Coupling Bore Capacity: 2-7/8″
Maximum Speed for A4B is 3275 rpm unbalanced
DBSE for A4B is 5″
A4B is acceptable in this application.